These problems and solution apply to all brands and make of mobile phones including Nokia, Samsung, iPhone, China Mobile Phones, Motorola, HTC, Sony, Blackberry, Alcatel, Apple, LG, Panasonic, Huawei, ZTE, Spice, Lava, Sony Ericsson, Micromax, etc.
What is the LED in a Mobile Cell Phone?
LED in any mobile cell phone is an electronic component or part that generates light in the Mobile Phone. These are generally LED or Light Emitting Diode. There are 2 types of connection in the Light Section of a Mobile Phone: (i) Series Connection; and (ii) Parallel Connection.
Types of Faults or Problems with Light or LED in any Mobile Cell Phone
Mobile Phone Light LED
- No Light.
- Light in only Keypad or Display.
- Some lights not working.
Mobile Phone Light Problem and Solution – How to Solve Light Fault in any Mobile Cell Phone
- Check Light Settings.
- If settings are OK then Resold all LED.
Mobile Phone Boosting Coil
- If the problem is not solved then change the display or the screen and check.
- If the problem is not solved the check all the LEDs. Keep the multimeter on Buzzer mode and Check LED. If LED is Good then it will Glow. If LED is Faulty then it will Not Glow.
- Change LED or Jumper if required.
- If the problem is not solved then Check Track of the Light Section of the PCB of the Mobile Phone and Jumper if Required.
- If the problem is not solved the Check the Boosting Coil and Change if Required.
- If the problem is not solved the Heat or Change the Light IC.
- If the problem is still not solved the Heat, Reball or Change the Power IC.
Mobile Cell Phone Light IC
In all Nokia Mobile Phones, there are 2 Types of Light IC:
- Ball-Type Light IC: Besides the Boosting Coil, There is a Small-Sized Ball-Type IC. When this IC is Desoldered, There is 8 Ball Underneath. This is the Light IC.
- Leg-Type Light IC: Besides the Boosting Coil, There is a Small-Sized, 4+4 = 8-Leg-Type IC. This is Light IC.
- Light IC = Back Light + Display Light