Solution to App Download Pending in Google Play Store(solved)
As Android users, most apps in our phone prompt us for update. Sometimes the update can cause some issues or solve some issues. So as we keep updating apps, the phone might encounter some challenges between the Apps and the Android Operating System Version of the phone. Thus could lead to this Download Pending Problem from Play store.
If you are downloading an app on google play store and the download got stuck with this pending message “Download pending” for a long while and your network signal is OK. Then one of the following method will solve this issue.
Method One (1): Restart or Reboot the Phone
Method Two (2): Clearing the Cache and Clearing the Data from Phone Settings
Sometimes clearing the cache and clearing data of the Google play store app will fix the download pending problem in Play Store.
To clear cache and clear data you:
- Go to Settings in your Android phone.
- head over to the Apps and then
- Scroll down to Google Play Store app and select it. Note: If you can’t find Google Play Store on apps list. Look for the “All” Tab or “Show system” apps option under the three-dot menu.
- Then tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache.
Method Three(3):Force Stop Google Play Store app
- Go to device Settings » Apps.
- Select Google Play Store from the list of apps installed on your device.
- Tap “Force Stop”. Then try to download an app from play store
- If the problem continues,then try clearing out cache and data of the Play Store app.
Method four (4): Clearing Up the Download Queue on Play Store
Most times this method works on mostly Brand new Android phones and some old android phones.
- Cancel the pending app and close Google play store app.
- Relaunch Play Store app on your Android phone (it can either the latest version or not the latest Version)
- Tap the Navigation hamburger ≡ icon, it can be found at the right or left edge of the screen.
- Scroll down and select “My apps & games.” You will see updates and installed apps on your device. Under the “UPDATES” section is your current download queue. That is you will see all apps that are currently downloading on your phone. To cancel an app from downloading, select it and touch the X (cross icon) near the download progress bar to cancel download for the app.To cancel or clear all downloads in the queue, tap on the green “STOP” button.
- Then, try to download the app which you want. tap on “INSTALL.”. Most likely your download will begin.
Note: if this method did not work for you, try the next method.
Method Five (5): Removing and Adding Your Google Play Store Account (Gmail)
Sometimes this can be fix by removing your Google Play Store account and adding it back. Do the following to remove play store account:
- Go to” Settings.”
- heading over to “Accounts”
- Click on “Google”
- Select your account and then remove it from your device.
- Then you sign in again to add your account.
- Try to download the app which you want. Tap on “INSTALL.” Most likely your download will begin.
Method six (6): Force Stop Google Play Store and Google Play Services
To force stop Google play store and google play services. Do the following:
- Open Play Store
- Search for the app you want to install
- Tap on “Install” and then tap “Accept”.
- While the app is trying to download on play store
- Go to “Settings”
- Go to “App”
- Go to “Running”
- Scroll to locate Google Play Store and Google Play services
- then cancel and stop both of them
- Now click on show cached processes, and if you see the two (Google Play Services and Play Store) apps again, then cancel and stop them.
Method Seven (7): Reset Apps
Please, Try this method as the last Option If none of the solutions work out for you, reset the apps in your phone.
Note: This will basically reset all your apps preference, ensure you backup the settings of all your important apps before you Reset.
To reset apps do the following:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Apps (or Applications) menu.
- Press the 3-dot menu button (in the top right probably).
- Tap on Reset app preferences.
- Confirm on the next screen by tapping on the Reset button or Reset apps. Hurray!